Adenium Plant Care
> Type: OUTDOOR plant – prefers 6-8 hours of sunlight
- Once the plant completely settles in the new pot, can be kept indoor or semi shade occasionally for decor.
- When newly potted, some leaves might turn yellow or drop off, but that is nothing to worry about. Your plant will get healthy again in about 2 weeks.
> Watering: Good drainage in the soil is a must.
- In winters, water half-a-cup once in 3-4 days.
- In summers, water half-a-cup once in 2-3 days.
- In areas with longer rainy seasons, try to keep it in a shade.
- Even if you are not able to water the plant for 2-3 weeks, it can survive. Plant might lose all the leaves, but it still has the capacity to regrow with regular watering.
> Common concerns:
- Roots are rotting and turning soggy – You have been putting too much water. Do not water for few days, keep the plant in full sun and control the water going forward.
- Leaves are turning yellow or flower is dropping off – If this is a condition even after the plant is completely settled, water more frequently.
- All the leaves have dropped off – If this happened in summers, plant was actively growing but did not get enough water and entered the stage of dormancy. Just water regularly going forward and it will revive.