Bamboo Palm Plant Care
Type: INDOOR plant –
- When newly potted, plant might droop a little bit, but that is nothing to worry about. It is just adjusting to the new environment.
- Once the plant completely settles in the new pot, can be kept outdoor in semi shade occasionally for decor.
- Once in a while keep the plant outside in fresh air if kept in a closed room.
> Watering: Good drainage in the soil is a must, no overwatering.
- In winters, water half-a-cup once in 5-6 days (non-AC rooms) and in 6-8 days (AC rooms).
- In summers, water half-a-cup once in 3-4 days (non-AC rooms) and in 5-6 days (AC rooms).
- Even if you are not able to water the plant for 2-3 weeks, it can survive. With adequate care, it has the capacity to grow healthy again.
> Common concerns:
- Stems are rotting and turning mushy – You have been putting too much water. Do not water for few days, keep the plant outside in indirect sunlight for 2 days and control the water going forward.
- Plant looks okay but does not feel healthy – You might have to try a different location for the plant or try keeping plant outside in open air for 2 days.
- Safe for pets? – Yes!