Chlorophytum Plant Care
> Type: OUTDOOR/SEMI-SHADE plant
- Once the plant completely settles in the new pot, can be kept in semi shade once in a while.
- When newly potted, plant might look a little dry, but that is nothing to worry about. It is just adjusting to the new environment.
> Watering: Good drainage in the soil is a must, no overwatering.
- Do not water until the top of the soil is dry.
- In winters, usually you can water half-a-cup every 2-3 days.
- In summers, you can water every day in controlled quantity.
- In rainy seasons and if plant is kept outside, make sure rain the water is not clogging in the pot.
- Even if you are not able to water the plant for 2-3 weeks, it can survive. With adequate care, it has the capacity to grow healthy again.
> Common concerns:
- Leaves are turning brown shorty after receiving it – Don’t worry. Your plant is adjusting to the new environment.
- Leaves or stems are turning mushy – You have been putting too much water. Do not water for few days, keep the plant outside in indirect sunlight for 2 days and control the water going forward.
- Leaves are turning crisp fully yellow or brown – Water more frequently.
- Safe for pets? – Yes