Sansevieria Plant Care
> Type: INDOOR plant
- Known as “the bedroom plant”, it is famous for cleaning indoor air.
- Once the plant completely settles in the new pot, can be kept outdoor in semi shade occasionally for decor.
- When newly potted, plant might look a little dry, but that is nothing to worry about. It is just adjusting to the new environment.
- Once in a while keep the plant outside in fresh air if kept in a closed room.
> Watering: Good drainage in the soil is a must, no overwatering.
- In any season, allow soil to dry between watering.
- Try to avoid getting leaves wet when you water.
- In rainy seasons if plant gets wet outside, make sure to move the plant in dry location immediately. Restrain from watering for a few days.
- Even if you are not able to water the plant for 2-3 weeks, it can survive. With adequate care, it has has the capacity to grow healthy again.
> Common concerns:
- Leaves are drooping shorty after receiving it – Don’t worry you plant is adjusting to the new environment.
- Leaves or roots are turning mushy – You have been putting too much water. Do not water for few days, keep the plant outside in indirect sunlight for 2 days and control the water going forward.
- Leaves are turning droopy – Same, your have been overwatering.
- Safe for pets? – It can be toxic for cats and dogs, must be kept away from the reach of pets.